Curcumin is the active ingredient in turmeric. One of the reasons that curcumin works so well on such a wide range of diseases is because it is such a powerful anti-inflammatory. We know that almost all chronic diseases from diabetes to heart disease, cancer, arthritis, and Alzheimer’s have one thing in common: unchecked, destructive inflammation.
- Suppress the activation of the NF-kB, which regulates the expression of pro-inflammatory gene products.
- Downregulate COX-2, the enzyme linked to most inflammation
- Inhibit 5-LOX, another pro-inflammation enzyme
- Downregulate the expression of cell surface adhesion molecules linked to inflammation
- Inhibit the activity of TNF, one of the most pro-inflammation cytokines (cell-signaling protein molecules)
Why Can’t I Just Use Turmeric?
If you want to add a healthy, unique flavor to your cooking, by all means sprinkle in some turmeric. But if you want to treat serious health conditions, you need to take a concentrated extract of turmeric called curcumin. Think of it this way–an apple comes from a tree. To get healthy, you don’t eat the whole tree, you just eat the apple. For medicinal effects, it isn’t enough to use turmeric powder (containing only 2 – 5% curcumin content) just as you wouldn’t eat a tree if you wanted an apple. Today, we extract curcumin from turmeric to use as a natural medicine for treating cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, arthritis, and many other chronic diseases. Save the turmeric powder for your next batch of curry. Use superior absorption curcumin to treat and prevent disease!
Not all curcumin is the same, make sure you are taking one of the most clinically tested curcumin (Buy BCM-95 Curcumin).
To learn more about BCM-95 visit: TerryTalksNutrition.com