This natural decline begins around the age of 30 and continues for the rest of a human life. When men reach the age of 50, the decline can lead to symptoms and signs such as impotence, changes in sexual desire, depression, anxiety, decreased muscle mass, less energy, weight gain, anemia and hot flashes. Many men experience changes with similar symptoms of hypogonadism in old age.
Testosterone replacement therapy for men can reverse the progressive loss of testosterone that happens with age. For some men the drop in testosterone has little effect on men but others feel the effects of low testosterone levels, also known as low T-andropause. Millions of men use testosterone replacement therapy to restore low levels and feel more alert, energetic, sharp and functional.
As you get older, the body undergoes many changes, not the least of which is a drop in hormone levels. For men, this means a reduction in testosterone levels, which in turn can lead to many other problems caused by ageing. You have probably heard of the menopause, a series of symptoms that women go through when hormonal changes occur in their bodies with age.
Advice on testosterone-enhancing treatments to reverse the symptoms of ageing.
Declining testosterone levels in men as they age are likely the result of a deterioration in their overall health, but not the cause, say Australian scientists in a new study, which found that aging can affect testosterone levels even in healthy older men. Fortunately, there are natural alternatives as well to boost testosterone with out synthetic testosterone. Such as: Tongkat Ali, Tribulus terrestris, Maca root, and Muira Puama. These herbs can restore the endocrine system and boost testosterone naturally with no side effects.
Whichever way you look at it, there is a drop in testosterone production, which is particularly dramatic in men over 45. As physicians, we understand that changes in hormone levels in men’s age can have an impact on quality of life.
It is easy to assume that your low testosterone levels are symptoms of general aging, but don’t be fooled. Aging does not stop when low T is treated with reverse testosterone replacement therapy. Men lose testosterone with age, and there are natural treatment options for people with low T-levels as well as prescription options, but I suggest to always try the natural route before taking prescriptions.
Testosterone is produced in the testicles and is responsible for male characteristics such as deep voice, muscular stature and facial hair. It also promotes the production of red blood cells, promotes the mood, keeps bones strong and improves thinking.
Things to know about low testosterone and your health
Testosterone in heart failure studies has shown decreased testosterone levels in men with heart failure and other changes in the endocrine system (Tappler and Katz, 1979; Kontoleon et al., 2003). Testosterone therapy increases sexual desire in aging men with low or normal testosterone levels as a symptom of androgen deficiency.
According to a 2009 study, they are also rich in d-aspartic acid, which promotes the testosterone production. Low testosterone levels can affect body composition with age, and reduced testosterone levels can lead to weight gain. Seated men tend to have lower hormone levels because the body doesn’t need that much. It is natural that testosterone levels decline with age, but there are steps a person can take to slow or reverse this decline.
Your body’s own testosterone production can decrease over time, trigger unwanted symptoms and affect your quality of life. A number of formulas can be calculated to estimate the bioavailable free testosterone levels using SHBG and total testosterone levels. Hypogonadism can impair the ability to produce normal testosterone because of problems with the testicles or pituitary gland it controls.
Through a combination of healthy lifestyle changes, Natural herbal remedies such as: (Tongkat Ali, Tribulus terrestris, Maca root, and Muira Puama) or bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) and testosterone replacement therapy you can counteract low testosterone and feel like a good version of yourself again. If you are wondering whether testosterone therapy is right for you, talk to your doctor about the risks and benefits and have a blood or saliva test to confirm low levels.
Mens low T can be treated with medications, whether shots, gels, patches or implantable pellets, and in most cases natural remedies work just as well. Hormone levels can be analyzed and monitored in the sperm, and other medications such as clomiphencitrate (letrozole) and fertility injections are pituitary hormones that men can take to increase testosterone levels without causing hormonal abnormalities or a reduction in sperm count.
In 2003, a panel at the Institute of Medicine concluded that insufficient evidence of the benefits of testosterone in older men was insufficient and recommended further research. In 2010 the National Institute on Aging, a part of the National Institutes of Health, started the Testosterone Trials (T-Trials) to see if testosterone could help with symptoms associated with low testosterone levels in old age, such as symptomatic hypogonadism. Many men and a surprising number of service providers do not know that taking exogenous or synthetic testosterone as an over-the-counter supplement can have harmful side effects if not administered properly. This is why natural herbal remedies are so safe, you can boost testosterone with out side effects.
In 2007 a prominent study in the journal Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism showed a significant decline in testosterone levels in men in the 1980s, with levels declining about 1% per year. A study of Danish men found similar results, with the number of men born in the 1960s declining by double digits compared to those born in the 1920s. If you feel tire and have no desire for relations with your significant other, have your testosterone checked and get on a natural testosterone boosting herbal supplement and feel the life change it can make!
- https://www.merckmanuals.com/home/men-s-health-issues/biology-of-the-male-reproductive-system/effects-of-aging-on-the-male-reproductive-system 0
- https://www.verywellhealth.com/does-testosterone-do-an-older-man-good-4132359 1
- https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/06/110607121129.htm 2
- https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article/86/6/2369/2848437 3
- https://www.health.harvard.edu/mens-health/treating-low-testosterone-levels 4
- https://www.forbes.com/sites/neilhowe/2017/10/02/youre-not-the-man-your-father-was/ 5
- https://brentwoodmd.com/testosterone-replacement-therapy/ 6
- https://www.dfwantiagingwellness.com/2020/01/24/which-hormones-make-you-look-younger/ 7
- https://utswmed.org/medblog/low-testosterone-symptoms-causes-treatment/ 8
- https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/322508 9
- https://www.nature.com/articles/ijir200860 10
- https://www.theskinmedspa.com/blog/how-testosterone-optimization-treatment-can-reverse-symptoms-of-aging 11
- https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/sexual-health/in-depth/testosterone-therapy/art-20045728 12
- https://www.woodlandswellness.com/blog/what-happens-to-a-mans-testosterone-levels-as-he-grows-older/ 13
- https://www.healthline.com/health/low-testosterone/testosterone-replacement-therapy-and-other-options 14
- https://www.medicinenet.com/low_testosterone_low_t/article.htm 15
- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2544367/ 16
- https://www.reproductivefacts.org/news-and-publications/patient-fact-sheets-and-booklets/documents/fact-sheets-and-info-booklets/testosterone-use-and-male-infertility/ 17