Heavy metal may be good when we talk about music, but actual heavy metals are toxic for your body. They are quite common in our environment and we often consume them as part of certain foods, especially fish. Small amounts of these metals are necessary for our body functions, but too much of them can lead to poisoning and damage to organs. The negative effect can be tampered by consumption of foods that act as cleansers. Broccoli and kale boost the liver enzymes that naturally flush the toxins out of our bodies.
- Metals like Arsenic and Mercury are pretty common in every day things we expose ourselves to.
- Arsenic got the name king of poisons and Mercury has been known to cause blindness if directly exposed.
- Copper and Iron are both nutrients but too much can be toxic to the body.
“Some metals, in small amounts, are essential for life. But exposure to harmful heavy metals can be very dangerous in large doses or in certain forms.”