Zinc is an essential mineral found within every cell of the body and supports 300 enzymatic actions. As an essential nutrient, Zinc must be obtained from diet or supplementation.
Foods Highest in Zinc: Oysters, Pumpkin Seeds, Shellfish, Cashews, Beef, and Chick Peas.
Benefits of Zinc:
- May help support healthy immune, hormone and cellular systems.
- Zinc is often formulated into lozenges to support a healthy ear, nose, and throat.
- Subject of AREDS Age related eye disease study. Clinical study to support healthy eye function.
- Supports macular and retinal health
- Zinc deficiency may interfere with proper ocular function.
- May regulate healthy normal wound healing through the body’s natural healing processes.
- May support the healthy formation and normal regeneration of tissue.
- May support the healthy structure of connective tissues within our hair, skin, and nails.
- Contained in the protein structure that makes up hair follicles.
- May support strong and healthy bones.
- May support healthy bone formation and mineralization.
- Zinc deficiencies may hinder the sense of taste and smell.
- Zinc levels may play a role in supporting healthy appetite.
- The concentration of zinc in the prostate, is higher than that of any other soft tissue in the body.
- May support a healthy hormone balance in men.
- Supports the liver’s healthy metabolism of fat.
- Intended to support the normal detoxifying processes of the liver.
Zinc is vital for all aspects of health and wellness, are you getting enough zinc each day?