High blood sugar can be very dangerous and threatening to your life. The concerns that come with having more blood sugar than needed can harm your body over time but there is one household spice that can help you out. You can use cinnamon bark to help you keep your blood sugar levels from being too high while even making it easier for you to lose weight.
What Makes High Blood Sugar Dangerous?
An excess of sugar in your bloodstream can be threatening in many ways:
- It can make it to where the pancreas will suffer from fatigue and damage. This comes as the pancreas will not be able to create the insulin needed to help keep your blood sugar levels under control.
- Your body’s cells may start to become immune to the insulin that your pancreas is creating, thus making that organ useless over time.
- You may start to urinate more often than necessary. This can cause your body’s cells to become dehydrated and weak.
- You may become thirstier and hungrier than usual, thus making it easier for you to gain weight.
- You could lose more weight than what you can afford to handle as well. This is primarily due to the excessive loss of fluids in your body.
- Infections can easily occur within your body if you have high blood sugar total as well. Infections can develop as many forms of bacteria can take in the added glucose in your body. You may especially develop urinary tract infections.
How Cinnamon Bark Works
As dangerous as high blood sugar can be, you can always use cinnamon bark to improve your blood sugar levels. This is a simple spice that you can find in your home to help you with keeping your blood sugar levels from being harder to handle than necessary.
Cinnamon has been found in studies to be capable of helping your body to keep blood sugar levels down. In particular, a 2003 study in Diabetes Care found that blood glucose levels can drop by about 20 percent over the course of a month when a few grams of cinnamon are consumed in a capsule form each day. Triglyceride and LDL cholesterol levels can decline over time as well, thus improving your blood’s overall functionality.
This also helps to delay gastric emptying in your body. This in turn ensures that your blood sugar levels will not go through any dramatic spikes or declines over time, thus assisting your body in feeling a little more under control. You could potentially lose weight as a result of this.
It is typically best to start with 1g of cinnamon per day for the best results. You can always use 3 or 6mg of cinnamon per day provided that you talk with your doctor about this first.
Remember to consider the use of cinnamon in your daily routine when looking to keep blood sugar levels down. Whether you are suffering from diabetes or you are at an increased risk of it, you need to consider this spice to keep your body stable and healthy. The fact that your blood can become more functional over time will certainly be a bonus.