Enhancing heart health is very crucial if you want to lead a healthy life. The foremost step to keep your heart health is to beat that unhealthy cholesterol in you. So if you’re consuming a cholesterol-lowering drug, make a daily medication schedule and stick to it without fail.
Simple ways to lower your cholesterol
- The magic of oatmeal for breakfast: Oatmeal is known to be rich in fiber and you can control your bad cholesterol by consuming fiber-rich food. You may also consider spicing it up with some fruit or cinnamon for amazing taste.
- Snack on nuts: Including nuts in your diet is one of the most effective ways to lower your cholesterol. To get the maximum benefits from nuts, consider including walnuts in your diet.
- Walk during small breaks: Exercise is a must, besides all the cholesterol-lowering foods you eat. One of the simple ways to lower your cholesterol is by being active. This also helps you lose some weight, which in return aids in lowering cholesterol.
- Have a bean salad for lunch: If you usually like to have a mayonnaise-stuffed tuna salad for lunch, replace it with a bean salad without the mayonnaise and contribute towards your cholesterol-lowering mission. Beans are known for their nutritious benefits that they can easily be consumed as the replacement for fish or white meat. They are high in fiber and tasty too. Beans take a longer time to get digested as compared to meat, making your stomach feel full.
- Enjoy salmon for dinner: You will be doing yourself a favor if you include fish for your dinner. If you replace meat with fish then you will be cutting short of saturated fats. Also, you will be getting essential omega-3 fatty acids that can help you lower your Low-density lipoprotein levels.
- Savor the blueberries: Blueberries are considered to be super foods. All berries contain antioxidants, but certain berries contain more fiber. You can eat blueberries dried, and you can cook with them, too.
- Cheer up with a glass of wine: Moderate amount of drinking alcohol is quite beneficiary for heart health. Red wine is known to have beneficial properties that can help you lower your LDL cholesterol and keep your heart happy!
Leave a Reply