How not to get fatter during the holidays and to maintain health?
- Make a healthy menu. Reduce the amount of smoked and canned food on the table. Add more vegetable salads. Fiber that is found in vegetables, helps to digest heavy meals. Plan to cook meat or fish. It is better to bake them in the oven. You cannot imagine Christmas holidays without mayonnaise. Then prepare your own mayonnaise or replace with cottage cheese, yogurt or kefir with lots of greenery. Also, as a filling, you can use soy sauce, lemon juice or apple cider vinegar.
- Before you take a sip of champagne, it is better to eat something and drink a glass of water. The gas bubbles not only cause hunger but also provoke the exacerbation of peptic ulcer disease. So if you have problems with the stomach, it is better not to drink champagne. Also keep in mind that with salt and smoked alcohol retains water – here is a plus two kilos a day. Drink slowly a glass of dry wine, stretched out for an hour; it is harmless to health and waistline.
- A good dietary supplement for the holiday table will be freshly-squeezed juices. For their preparation, it is better to use vegetables and fruit grown in your country, local products are the most useful for the body.
- Dance, move and communicate as much as you can. You are about to meet with loved ones, so why should it be converted into just normal food intake.
- A couple of days before the holiday, arrange a fasting day. On this day eat only low-calorie, sparing the stomach food, such as fruits and vegetables.