Green leafy vegetables are some of the most nutritious and powerful foods that ever existed even though they don’t get the necessary attention they deserve. Spinach in particular is a potent plant dense in nutrients.
How Does Spinach Help You?
Gives a good dose of Calcium
- If you’re lactose intolerant you can still get the calcium you need without the need to drink milk or eat dairy products. This is also helpful if you wish to become vegan and stay away from animal products.
Helps Fight Cancer
- Interestingly enough it contains anti-cancer agents that have been proven to fight and prevent skin and stomach cancer. It has Vitamin C, and Vitamin A along with anti-oxidants to clean up your system. The compounds in spinach cause cancer cells in the prostate to literally self destruct and stop spreading. When given to mice, researchers found spinach would normalize and lower their blood pressure within 2 to 4 hours.
Supplies Your Body with Vitamins & Minerals
- It also contains Vitamin K, which is a vitamin that no one usually talks about, but has the important function of getting calcium into the bones. You already know you needed calcium, but you may not have known that you need Vitamin K to get that calcium into the bone.
- It contains Iron, which can be a help to many women who are at a risk of iron deficiency, especially during menstruation.
- Lutein protects your vision from cataracts and degeneration.
Has Anti-Aging Properties & Keeps Low Blood Pressure
- Spinach has proven anti-aging properties as well as anti-carcinogenic properties due to the high concentration of flavonoid compounds. The anti-aging properties of eating spinach have been proven time and again. Researchers have confirmed that the vital compounds present in spinach are great to keep your brain young and active.
- It is a great vegetable for those with high blood pressure as it helps to keep blood pressure low. It works wonders for the heart as it has compounds, which prevent the hardening and thickening of arteries. A person who consumes spinach daily is protecting the body against the onslaught of diseases like colon cancer, osteoporosis, and arthritis. Also it is very useful to keep blood sugar levels stable in Diabetics.
Daily consumption of this nutritious leafy vegetable is a great healthy habit and is very beneficial to maintain good health. But please be sure to eat organic pesticide free spinach. Organic spinach has more nutritional value than non organic plus it is better for the environment.
You can use spinach in salads, toss with any type of nuts and pressed garlic to make it tastier. A little pressed garlic stirred into olive oil can also be tried. It can be tossed into pasta dishes without even cooking it to give your dinner that extra nutrition that you and your family needs.
The only strange thing about spinach is that you have to buy it organic to avoid eating all the pesticides that usually come with it when it is not organic.