Inflammation is recognized by pain, swelling, redness and heat around the affected area. There are hundreds of possible contributing factors to inflammation and joint pain such as age, strenuous exercise or work related issues as well as different types of foods. Inflammation pain has adverse effects on our bodies, making life unbearable for those suffering from it. Anyone who suffers from Inflammation pain knows that it is almost impossible for someone to do his daily chores comfortably.
Chronically inflamed joints lack stability, strength, and motion leading to weakness and disability. Therefore, determining and successfully eliminating the contributing factors that cause joint pain can help prevent this disturbing illness. It is also important to understand, not everyone’s body will have the same reaction to certain things.
Curcumin: An Herbal Solution To Everyday Pain
One of the best herbal anti-inflammatory compounds is curcumin. Found in Turmeric, Curcumin is a compound which has a therapeutic effect on people experiencing joint pain. Curcumin is a bioactive ingredient in turmeric, not only for inflammation; it benefits strained muscles, joint pain as well and has strong cancer-fighting properties. It is one the most thoroughly researched herbs today, and several studies imply that it can ease pain or inflammation from rheumatoid and osteoarthritis.
- Preventive and therapeutic applications. Studies suggest that curcumin has significant potential preventive and therapeutic applications. It is truly exceptional when it comes to its high margin of safety compared to some drugs like ibuprofen, hydrocortisone, and pain relievers. There are a lot of published studies that show the advantages of curcumin compared to anti-inflammatory drugs, aside from the fact that it’s more safe and potent.
- Acts as anti-inflammatory. Inflammation is a natural response when bacteria invades the body, but when abnormal inflammation triggers that lead into excessive pain, swelling and irritation, turmeric aids in decreasing the inflammation. Curcumin is able to provide a safe and natural pain killer.
- Supports arthritis management. Curcumin is known for its high anti-inflammatory effect and can reduce pain. For ages, this herb has been used to alleviate the pain that results from the different types of arthritis. It was administered through the topical application as well as ingestion. Curcumin controls the inflammation caused by osteoarthritis because it has high anti-inflammatory properties.
- Boosts immune system. Curcumin has often been quite effective in taking care of coughs and the common cold. It has great antioxidant properties that also increases the strength of our immune systems making us less prone to illnesses.
- Lowers cholesterol. Another great benefit of curcumin lies in its ability to lower ‘bad’ cholesterol while increasing ‘good’ cholesterol. This goes a long way in preventing problems such as chronic heart diseases and high blood pressure. It can equally help prevent the development of atherosclerosis, a condition in which the arteries harden and then cause heart problems.
Curcumin is one of the most potent herbal anti-inflammatory agents known to man. It offers immediate and sustained relief from even chronic inflammation pain. The best part about this is that unlike most other medications out there, curcumin use doesn’t have any harmful side effects, none whatsoever.