Inflammation is an immune response of the body that helps in the healing process. But, there also comes a time when it can get out of control and put the body in pain. Inflammation can produce even the most chronic diseases that include cancer. You can be experiencing these conditions and may feel that it is inevitable and unavoidable, but it is. Many inflammation treatments have been adopted such as NSAIDs (Non-steroidal Anti-inflammataory Drugs). However, if you have been trying to cure this pain with NSAID treatments in vain, then it is high time you consider natural treatments.
Before going through the anti-inflammatory natural remedies, it is best to know that foods high in sugar and saturated fat are great contributors to inflammation. They can cause the immune system to become out of control that can lead to blood vessel damages, joint pain, and fatigue. Removing these from your diet is the first step to reducing joint pain, arthritis, and other inflammatory problems.
Below are various natural remedies used to relieve inflammation pain, safely:
- Turmeric – This is the yellow color of curry. It is greatly used in Asian and Indian cooking. Turmeric is proven to reduce inflammatory disorders such as arthritis and tendonitis. It works to turn off the protein that triggers the immune system’s inflammation process. The full benefit may take two months to develop.
- Ginger – It is side-by-side with turmeric on the top of the anti-inflammatory spices list. It is also widely used for cooking in Asia. Ginger has been seen to reduce inflammation in the intestines. It is easy to use; you can grate, chop or slice it – there is also dry ginger that is excellent in treating inflammatory problems.
- Basil – A fragrant herb that is commonly used in salads and pasta sauces. Basil can inhibit the enzymes that are blocked by anti-inflammatory medications. It can stop bacteria that cause inflammation. But, be safe when eating basil because an overdose can be a cause of other illnesses.
- Cinnamon – This spice is used everywhere – it can be added to bread, brownies, cakes, and coffee. It does not just enhance the flavor, it also fights bacteria and reduces inflammation in the body. Large doses of anything can pose risks, so eat it in moderation.
- Cayenne – With its spicy flavor, the 5th one in our anti-inflammatory spices can help in treating your inflammatory problems. It is packed with Vitamin B-complex, calcium, potassium, and Vitamin C. It has capsaicin that decreases inflammation inhibiting a substance that is involved in the body’s immune response.
- Boswellia – Being native to India, boswellia oil has been used as a medicinal spice since the 16th century. It can destroy pathogens that can cause chronic diseases in your body. Boswellia is commonly used as an ointment to soothe pain in muscles and joints.
These natural remedies for inflammation pain should be taken in moderation and with a healthy diet. Reduce eating fatty food and foods that are high in sugar. Remove the thinking that inflammation is just an anti-aging process; it could be reduced by adopting these strategies and eating a healthy diet. Just a teaspoon of these herbs and spices can help your body control the levels of inflammation to lessen the risk of chronic illnesses!