Vitamin E is an essential and powerful micro-nutrient needed to preserve and maintain the overall healthiness of the human body. It represents a group of fat-soluble substances that exhibits distinctive and strong anti-oxidant properties. Antioxidants are very important as they protect your body against damage by free radicals. However the body cannot produce this essential vitamin on itself. Hence we have to incorporate a balanced amount of this vitamin in our daily diet. Vitamin E deficiency is quite a rare problem. Eventhough it is a fat-soluble substance it can be stored in the body tissues for quite a long time before it is actually depleted. This vitamin exists in eight different forms – four tocopherols and four tocotrienols. Of these two, alpha tocopherol is the most active and important one to the human body.
Health benefits of vitamin E:
Many health benefits are associated with this group of nutrients. Let us discuss in detail the health benefits of this essential vitamin.
1. Powerful antioxidant: This vitamin is a powerful antioxidant and the health benefits associated with it are quite amazing. It is a potent antioxidant that removes free radicals that are responsible for the damage of the cell structure. The body’s immunity power is high when this vitamin is consumed in sufficient quantites. It protects the body against heart diseases, cancer, strokes, cataracts, diabetes, pancreatic disorders and Alzheimers disease.
2. Effective cholesterol reducer: This vital vitamin prevents cholesterol from being converted into plague that results in thickening of the blood vessels. This causes blood coagulation that eventually leads to strokes and related heart diseases. Vitamin E is proved to thin the blood and improve the circulation of blood inspite of the build up of plague on the walls of the arteries.
3. Skin care: Vitamin E has proven to be a great source for a healthy and glowing skin. It enables to retain the moisture in the skin and prevents dryness and itchiness. It helps in preserving the elasticity and suppleness of the skin by removing stretch marks and discoloration. It also aids in rejuvenating and revitalizing the skin and above all protects the skin from the harmful effects of ultra violet rays.
4. Anti-inflammatory: Its anti-inflammtory properties is believed to relieve and cure osteoarthritis. It prevents unnecessary cellular waste from building up in the joints thereby increasing mobility of the joints.
5. Wound healing properties: Excess production of collagen leads to formation of scars. This vitamin reduces the production of collagen and decreases inflammation of scars leaving your skin healthy and radiating. This vitamin is is proved to speed up cell regeneration.
6. Immune booster: The B cells in your body that produces antibodies destroys the bacteria. This vitamin stimulates the production of antibodies that destroy and kill the germ cells and even the cancer cells.
This phenomenal vitamin is essential for the overall well being of the human body. It has been validated that vitamin E protects our healthy cells and repairs the damaged ones. start adding vitamin supplements or vitamin rich foods to improve your skin, immune sysytem and to protect your body from the risk of various diseases.