Where does Marjoram Essential Oil Originate From?
Marjoram oil comes from the Marjoram Shrub and is an Herb. They are a perennial herb that originated in the middle eastern countries and are grown all over the world today. There are three forms of the Marjoram Shrub, The Sweet Marjoram, the Origanum Majorana, and Knotted Marjoram. It is very closely related to the Oregano Species. This oil is versatile and has many uses today as well in ancient days when used by the Greeks and Romans and was considered a symbol of joy. Many who use Marjoram today also consider it a joy to use as it is beneficial in many things.
Benefits of Marjoram Oil:
1. Promotes better digestive function and optimal bowel function as well as help clear the intestines of old debris.
2. Coughing from colds and flus, cold symptoms and reduces pain associated with flu/colds and bodily aches.
3. Helps in healing bronchitis, aches in joints, sinusitis, nasal problems and acts as an expectorant in the chest.
4. Is antibacterial, antispasmodic, fungicidal and it also cures viral infections.
5. Is strengthening of the immune system, helps the brain stay healthy and functioning optimally, reduces blood pressure and helps keep the heart from malfunctioning. Also improves circulation in the whole body.
6. Encourages fast healing of wounds and keeps them from becoming a more serious infection like Staph or MRCA.
7. Emotionally helps anger, sadness, and anxiety and stress and promotes and overall sense of well being in one’s mind.
8. Acts as a sedative and creates passive feelings, eases trauma in one who has experienced severely negative situations in life.
9. Is a diuretic and helps clear the kidneys. Provides woman a comfort during their cycles by promoting regularity and eases symptoms associated with the cycle, such as cramps, pains and headaches. Will delay the start of early menopause.
10. This wonderful herb can be used as a cooking herb as well. Enjoy it in sauces, soups, or on anything that you would like to try it on for taste.
Leave a Reply