Most of the people do not have a proper diet so they need a multi-mineral supplement to fill the gaps. Even if we have a balanced diet, it seems something is missing. Minerals are required by our body for its functions and structures. Minerals help to activate the enzymes, produce energy and support bone health. The fresh foods which we are having now contain just one sixth of the nutrition as compared to the older times. In this case multi-mineral has become very important for us. Multi-mineral supplements contain all the minerals and vitamins which our body is not being able to manufacture.
Multi-mineral supplements contain minerals like:
1. Magnesium: It is the most important mineral required in the human body. Magnesium provides benefits to each cell of our body. It affects the muscles, cardiovascular parts, nerves and bones. It is also very important for the formation of the cells and it also aids in the adenosine triphosphate production which is the main source of body’s energy.
2. Calcium: It contributes to the maintenance and formation of healthy and good bones. It is also very important for proper functioning of your muscles. Together with magnesium it provides mechanism to your muscles so that it can relax and contract. It also includes the muscles which are found in our heart. You should increase your intake of vegetables and dairy products if you want to have your calcium RDA for the day.
3. Sulfur, Sodium and Phosphorus: These minerals are also important like magnesium and calcium, but these are easy to get. For example, almost all of our meals contain sulfur, sodium and phosphorus.
4. Selenium: It is a vital part of antioxidant enzymes which protects the cells from the effect of free radicals.
5. Chromium: It is a trace mineral which helps the body to utilize the insulin.