Lemons are wonderful fruits, but did you know lemon peels also have some fabulous uses? Here are some of the ways you can benefit from the zesty lemon peel.
• Reduce your risk of cancer by drinking tea with lemon peel, due to the salvestrol Q40 and limonene it contains.
• Boost your bone heath due to high vitamin C and calcium in lemon peel.
• Help your weight loss by using the pectin found in lemon peel.
• Keep your cholesterol in check with the polyphenol flavonoids in lemon peel.
• Enjoy the benefits of healthful lemon peel in many other ways, including oral health, fighting free radicals, fighting skin problems like acne, and improving digestive health and blood pressure.
There are several ways to reap the benefits of lemon peel. You can grate the peel after freezing the lemon, and use it fresh, or dry the peel and grind it to a powder. Placing the grated peel and the cut fruits into water in the fridge will keep them from browning, and they’ll last a long time.
- Lemon peel has 5-10 more nutrients than the lemon itself. Don’t throw it away, it is useful!
- The health benefits of lemon peel include improving oral health, reducing stress and helping to prevent cancer!
- Uses for lemon peel include as a seasoning for cooking, as a powder for facial anti aging, and as an additive that you can sprinkle in food or tea!
“Lemons not only taste delicious but also work wonder for your health, skin and hair.”
Read more: http://www.kashmirmonitor.in/Details/127986/heres-why-you-should-not-throw-away-lemon-peels