Collagen is the most abundant protein in the human body which is found in the skin, bones, muscles and tendons. It plays a major role of holding the entire body together. It also offers your skin elasticity and strength, on top of replacing the dead skin cells. Collagen production may begin to decrease due a number of reasons which include; smoking, sun exposure and high sugar consumption. It may also be naturally depleted due to age. Drinking collagen smoothies offers a great solution to this problem. Collagen supplements may be mixed into smoothies or soups for safe consumption. You may also mix it with baked foods so as acquire the many healthy benefits of collagen.
Benefits of drinking collagen smoothies
Collagen smoothies may be made by mixing the collagen supplement with your various smoothies for drinking. Addition of collagen levels to your body has the following great benefits.
- Increasing your collagen levels by collagen smoothies consumption helps in making your skin look smoother and firmer. Collagen helps in replacing and repairing the dead skin cells, thus keeping your skin healthy.
- Collagen supplements help in reducing joint pains and ensuring that they move more easily. It also reduces the joint deterioration risks. Studies have found that collagen is also a suitable treatment for other joint disorders such as osteoarthritis.
- Collagen smoothies are a great diet plan for those suffering from the leaky gut syndrome; a condition which allows toxins to pass through the digestive tract. The collagen breaks down proteins and soothes the lining of the gut, healing the damaged cell walls by infusing it with the healing amino acids.
- Drinking collagen smoothies boost your energy and metabolism. Glycine, which is found in collagen, helps in pumping sugar into the tissues of your body to boost energy levels. Collagen also helps in development of muscles.
- Collagen protein is the building block of teeth and fingernails. Adding collagen to your smoothie diet helps in keeping your teeth and nails strong and healthy.
- Collagen reduces stress or cellulite marks by increasing the skin’s elasticity.
Collagen consumption offers a good number of great health benefits to your body. This provides a solution to those facing the reduced collagen production problem. It is also highly recommended to avoid the controllable factors which hinder collagen production such as; sunlight exposure, high sugar consumption and smoking.