Neem has more than 150 active substances that make it an effective herb for a wide range of uses. It has been used on humans to cure different medical conditions, on animals as well as on plants. Different parts of the neem tree are used to treat different conditions. For instance, the bark is used to treat:
• Loss of appetite
• Worm infestation
• Burn ulcers
• Arsenical dermatitis
• Herpes labalis
• Seborrheic dermatitis
The flowers, seeds and fruit of neem have some medicinal properties. The leaves have also been used to manufacture a wide range of medical concoctions.
Antipregnancy properties of neem
Studies conducted in India have shown that neem is a safe herbal remedy for birth control. It does this by:
• Interfering with the motility of sperms from male subjects.
• Preventing sperms from meeting with ova from female subjects.
• Preventing fertilization of ova.
These results were obtained from studies conducted on members of the Indian Army. They were able to achieve these results after taking neem capsules for six weeks of continuous use, without any side effects. Neem does not interfere with libido or sperm count. Injections that contain neem oil can be used on male subjects to reduce their chances of impregnating a woman for duration of 8 months.
Women are advised to use neem creams to prevent pregnancy. F applied intravaginally, neem creams have the ability to kill sperms within duration of 30 seconds. Neem creams are effective for duration of 4 hours. This use of neem has also been found to be an effective remedy for STIs. Some of the infections that can be cured with neem creams include:
• Herpes simples-2.
Women can also be injected with neem oil to prevent pregnancy for duration of 12 months. Unlike most other birth control pills, neem can be reversed. You can still fall pregnant if these injections are discontinued.
Other uses of neem
Neem can also be used for:
• Bacterial infections. This traditional herb contains antibacterial compounds that help cure gum diseases, sexually transmitted diseases and prevent the development of dental cavities.
• Fungal diseases. Neem has anti-fungal properties that help with the treatment of Candida, ringworm, thrush, yeast infection as well as athletes foot.
• Inflammation. This herb was traditionally used to cure a wide range of inflammatory diseases.
• Boosting the immunity system. Studies have shown that this herb is rich in antioxidants that help boost the functioning of your immunity system. Taking products manufactured using this herb helps fight free radicals that cause the growth of cancer cells, thus preventing the development of different types of cancer especially stomach, lung, colon, breast and prostate cancer. The antioxidants found in this herb also protect your body from cell damage that is attributed to various disorders, such as early aging, liver disease, cataracts, eye problems and cardiovascular disease.
• Diabetes cure.
• Dental care. When used as a toothbrush, twigs from this herb can prevent sore gums, tooth decay as well as bleeding gums.
• To cure malaria.
• To treat skin diseases.